Two of Us: Where I’m Touchy
ReflectSeparately, say the prayer and spend some time reflecting on the questions.
Write some notes so that you can share more fully with your spouse.
Father, at times in my marriage I get discouraged,
and wonder if I should not take it so seriously anymore.
Lift me out of this and help me to see how pleased You are
with how much I am putting into our love for one another.
I ask this through Jesus, your son.
Read the following list of topic areas and put an “X” next to any topic which stirs a reaction in you. These topics cover a broad range: family; society; God; church; marriage; politics; etc.
1. Control by Mom/Dad.
2. Heavy Criticism
3. Arguments at home.
4. Sexual hurts in dating.
5. A wall flower. A sense of sexual inequality while growing up, in dating, school, or early work experience.
6. Self doubts and puzzlements. Confusion and fears resulting from inadequate sex information provided during my early years.
7. Early years of marriage. Confusion and pain resulting from inadequate marriage preparation.
8. Present – recent or current experiences of sexual inequalities in society, Church or family.
9. Church’s position teaching on birth control; divorce/remarriage; homosexuality.
10. Take the ones that you have marked with an X and write a full description of what is going on inside you.