Refocusing on your
ReflectSeparately, say the prayer and spend some time reflecting on the questions.
Write some notes so that you can share more fully with your spouse.
Help me to really internalize all the wonderful qualities my spouse has.
I often take his/her goodness for granted and look for other things.
You know Father, I do that much too frequently.
That is not good for us and it certainly isn’t appreciating what You have done for me.
Let me change. I ask this through Christ Our Lord.
1. A true spouse has the following characteristics. Describe how yours has them: (Check the ones that most apply to your spouse and then spell out in full detail how you experience him/her doing this for you.)
- lays down his/her life for you
- really knows you.
- loves unconditionally.
- is available for counsel.
- speaks the truth.
- supports and encourages
- is sensitive to your emotional state.
- is loyal.
- reveals to you who you are.
- challenges you to grow.
- models God’s love for you.
2. How often do you personally tell him/her about these characteristics? Explain.