#3 Your Family of Origin
October 6, 2022/
Our family of origin is the most influential formation because our early childhood experiences created the foundation through which all other experiences were interpreted. We like to think that we are independent thinkers and our own person. The truth is, we are products of our upbringing and experiences.
Would you be willing to join us as our guest for a future episode? Contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also on Spotify and Apple Podcasts
The Take Home
Time Out to Ask Why?
When you are reacting strongly or feeling irritated with the other…
Take a Time Out and ask: Why?
- Why am I reacting this way?
- Where is this coming from?
- It’s not ‘reality’ that forms us, but our perception of what happened.
- Two modes: Marital Role Models (observed) & Direct Interactions (relationship with each parent).
- Two reactions: Adopt or Reject – the point is… how free are we?
- Claim the Positive formation and be intentional about applying it.
- 3 ways of problem formation:
- Incompatible Expectations
- Compatible but Suboptimal Patterns
- Emotional Injuries
- Francine: Unbound Prayer Ministry
- Laura: Beeswax wraps eco-sustainable solution for single use plastic wrap
We love to hear your stories and ideas. Please keep your comments respectful, your suggestions productive and published under your own name. More info here
Leave a Comment