#3 Your Family of Origin
Our family of origin is the most influential formation because our early childhood experiences created the foundation through which all other experiences were interpreted. We like to think that we are independent thinkers and our own person. The truth is, we are products of our upbringing and experiences.
Would you be willing to join us as our guest for a future episode? Contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It’s not ‘reality’ that forms us, but our perception of what happened.
- Two modes: Marital Role Models (observed) & Direct Interactions (relationship with each parent).
- Two reactions: Adopt or Reject – the point is… how free are we?
- Claim the Positive formation and be intentional about applying it.
- 3 ways of problem formation:
- Incompatible Expectations
- Compatible but Suboptimal Patterns
- Emotional Injuries
- Francine: Unbound Prayer Ministry
- Laura: Beeswax wraps eco-sustainable solution for single use plastic wrap