ReflectSeparately, say the prayer and spend some time reflecting on the questions.
Write some notes so that you can share more fully with your spouse.
You know, Father, one of the things that is
best about You is making Mary, my mother.
It takes my breath away that You could share her with me.
How good of You. She has been so faithful to me.
I wouldn’t know You as well, if it wasn’t for her.
Let me appreciate her more.
Let her Son be insistent on this petition for me.
1. Who/what in my life right now most influences me sexually – my spouse; my best friend or friends; television talk show hosts; magazines, TV; movies; books; articles; priests; my mother; my father, etc.?
2. How do I see those influences making changes in my personal thoughts and behavior? Positively? Negatively?
3. How do I see those influences directly affecting my perspective as I respond to my children’s questions regarding sex?
4. Name a couple you know whose marital relationship is animated and attractive in obvious ways, because of an obviously meaningful sexual relationship, one where each exhibits a sense of being both lover and beloved. List their qualities as a couple which make them attractive.
5. Think about this statement: The sexual relationship is the most basic activator and motivator of a couple’s marital well-being and matrimonial spirituality. Write down your response to this statement. Try to be very specific in your analysis.