An exercise to recognize our own self image, how this affects our family and how our spouse can help.
ReflectSeparately, say the prayer and spend some time reflecting on the questions.
Write some notes and then share your answers more fully with your spouse.
You know Father, that I get down on myself too often.
When I do, I am not good to be around.
My clouds darken the whole house.
It is especially hard on my husband/wife. Pull me out of this.
Give me a sense of joy and happiness in being your daughter/son.
Anything else about me is minor compared with that.
Help me see that. I send Jesus to You with this need. Amen.
- My spouse could be most helpful and encouraging in helping me by:
- My self-image as a spouse/parent is most positively influenced, when:
- My self-image as a spouse/parent is most influenced, negatively, when:
- When my self-image as a spouse/parent is good, I feel and act:
- When my self image as a spouse/ parent is poor, I feel and act: