Leader Formation Program 2022
The Marriage Kit is an online course for couples to strengthen and enrich their marriage. It includes multimedia input via SmartLoving's online learning platform, individual reflection and couple activities.
This Leader Formation program comprises:
- The Online Course for couples to access in their own time and at their own pace over three months (April-June).
- Five Online Gatherings with facilitators to unpack the material further, network with other leaders and pray together.
Online Gatherings: Wednesdays @7:30 pm | April 27, May 11, May 25, Jun 8, Jun 22
(Can’t make Wednesdays? If there is sufficient demand, we’ll schedule another series of Online Gatherings. Let us know when you enroll.)
Come and See
The Marriage Kit Leader Formation program is for married couples who wish to serve their community by supporting other couples through the Marriage Kit experience. The program is designed to enable you to experience the benefit of the Marriage Kit for your own marriage while accompanied by a community of marriage enthusiasts like yourselves.
At the end of the program, you'll be able to evaluate your experience as a participant, discern with your leadership team if the Marriage Kit is right for your community, and if so, access the resources and support to action it. There is no obligation to follow through with hosting a Marriage Kit in your community - this is a 'come and see' invitation.
How does it work?
Facilitated through the SmartLoving learning platform, from the privacy of your home, you will progress through the Marriage Kit course. The course includes 5 lessons of self-directed learning that you complete as a couple. There are individual reflection questions, quizzes, couple discussion and date night activities designed to make the content interesting and engaging.
Each lesson is divided into 5-7 bite sized topics that you can do in one shot, or spread out over two weeks. Some couples watch the video content separately as they have time and simply get together to do the couple activities.
Every two weeks, we'll gather online as a group to share insights from the previous lesson, pray together and support each other. You'll be able to ask questions, share your thoughts and connect with other couples.
You have been nominated by your parish priest or SmartLoving representative to evaluate the suitability of the Marriage Kit for your community. After you experience the program, you'll be able to explore the idea of hosting a group experience for other couples so they can benefit from the life-changing ideas and tools. A Marriage Kit group experience is a great way to reach out to couples in mixed faith marriages, those loosely associated with the Catholic faith, as well as regular mass-goers.
Leader couples should be in a stable marriage, have an active faith and be open to where the Holy Spirit might lead them. Other parish leaders such as clergy or staff are also welcome to join.
- Once you enroll, you'll get a welcome email from us with instructions. MS Teams will be the host platform for all our online gatherings and group interaction. If you are new to MS Teams, you'll be able to practice chatting with us and explore the features throughout our time together.
- From April 1, we'll email you instructions on how to create an account on SmartLoving and log in to the course. You will have three months to complete the course, but should be able to do so comfortably.
- Every two weeks, we'll gather online starting on Wednesday April 27. To get the most out of these gatherings, please try to complete the relevant Lesson beforehand.
- At the end of the course, we'll provide you with information on how to host the Marriage Kit in your community for you to take into your discernment. We'll be on hand to support you and your community every step of the way.
In a Nutshell
Date: April - June 2022
Online Gatherings: Wednesdays @7:30 pm
Apr 27, May 11, May 25, June 8, June 22
- High speed internet connection (so you can stream the videos and attend the online gatherings)
- A device to access the course (eg laptop or tablet). Ideally you will both have your own device so that you can access the online inventories and quizzes simultaneously. (NB: Smartphones are fine for watching the videos, but would be challenging for the interactive PDF handouts. Alternatively the handouts maybe printed if desired).
- Writing paper/notebooks and pens x 2 (for some of the reflections)
If you have any questions you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0434 346 280